Stella Smith - Associate
Stella is a practical and results focused consultant, passionate about improving organisational effectiveness through developing the skills, knowledge and confidence of staff.
A creative facilitator, she is skilled at developing programmes to inspire individuals, supporting them to re-examine their habits, so as to reduce stress and maximise personal and team performance. She has excellent analytical skills and significant experience of facilitating business planning, strategic analysis and change management projects.
Self employed since 2006, Stella has worked with a wide range of organisations across the not for profit and corporate sectors. Previously she worked in strategy and change management roles at the Royal National Institute of the Blind (RNIB), at the youth homelessness charity, Centrepoint and in sales at Digital Computers.
Stella started her career as a teacher and teacher trainer, first teaching English in Greece before taking up a post in rural China where she lived for several years setting up a programme training middle school teachers.
She has an MBA from the Open University and is an Associate Lecturer for the Open University Business School. She is a volunteer Refugee Mentor for the Time Together mentoring scheme and a trustee of the Greenleaf Centre for Servant-Leadership UK.
Some of Stella’s most recent projects include:
- Designing and delivering change management, business planning and strategy training for senior staff in a range of not profit organisations
- Facilitating the development of business plans for several charities
- Working with the CEOs of two charities facilitating major corporate restructure and change programmes
- Delivering soft-skills and management programmes for a 'big five' accountancy firm.
Qualifications & Accreditations
- Diploma in Life Coaching (Newcastle College)
- Certified TESOL by Trinity College
- BA (Hons) English Studies